According to Art. 13, paragraph 1 and paragraph 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR) (OJ L 119, 4.5.2016) the journal’s editorial office informs that:
- The administrator of authors’/reviewers’ personal data is the editorial office of the EMS journal (Ekonomicko- manazerske spectrum), headquarters: Department of Economics, Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Univerzitná 1, 010 26 Zilina, Slovakia.
- The controller responsible for the protection of personal data is the editorial board of the EMS journal: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authors’/reviewers’ personal data are processed for the purpose of executing the process of publishing/reviewing the work of which one is the author/co-author/reviewer, i.e. where one has acted as an author/reviewer, making the data available to other subjects involved in the publishing process and to abstracting and indexing services, published on the journal’s website as the original source of these data in line with Art. 6, paragraph 1, point 1a of GDPR.
- The recipients of authors’/reviewers’ personal data will be: readers and users of the journal and its platform, other subjects connected with the publishing process, users of the abstracting and indexing services, published on the journal’s website as the original source of these data.
- Authors’/reviewers’ personal data will be stored for the period of active life of the EMS journal editorial office and subsequent five years.
- Authors/reviewers have the right to access your data as well as the right to rectification, erasure, termination of processing, transfer of data, raise an objection, withdraw the consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing before its withdrawal.
- Authors/reviewers have the right to lodge a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection whenever you conclude that the processing of your data constitutes an infringement of provisions of the GDPR of 27 April 2016.
Providing personal data is a condition for having the submitted article of which one is an author/co-author or a reviewer published. Authors are obliged to provide the requested personal data, and a consequence of refraining from this obligation will be the refusal of publishing your article or accepting your review by the editorial board of the EMS journal.